Ice Rental Rates
2 hours of curling $17 per person
3 hours of curling $21 per person
broom and shoe rentals and GST included in price
Equipment Rental only
Shoes $2.50 Brooms $2.50 Sliders $1.25 Grippers $1.25 GST included
Some Evenings and most weekends are available for rental bookings. Group rentals are scheduled around our leagues and special event bookings so available times will vary week to week.
For our school groups Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons are our prime rental times.
Contact Jock in the office to book your icetime!!
(250) 762-3112 or [email protected]
Elementary, Middle, High School and Post Secondary Schools:
Rate: $26.50 plus GST per sheet per hour, this rate applies only Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Instructor fee is $35 per hour.
Check out www.rocksandrings.com for the Rocks & Rings Program.
DUCT TAPE CURLING
1. PLACE ROLL OF DUCT TAPE AT THE INTERSECTION OF THE CENTERLINE AND THE HOG LINE AT THE FAR END OF THE ICE.
2. THIS IS NOW YOUR MOVABLE TARGET.
3. THE TAPE MAY BE BUMPED AROUND THE ICE, BUT IF IT COMES IN CONTACT WITH THE SIDE BOARDS OR OUT OF PLAY AT THE BACK OF THE HOUSE IT MUST BE REPLACED BACK TO THE HOGLINE, AS CLOSE TO THE CENTRE AS POSSIBLE.
4. AFTER ALL ROCKS HAVE BEEN PLAYED, SCORING IS DONE IN THE USUAL MANNER WITH THE ROLL OF TAPE AS THE CENTER MARK. The number of rocks closer then your opponents closest is the score for that end.
5. All other curling rules are played, except there is no hogline for rocks in play. If a rock hits the side boards or crosses the backline, it is out of play.
DUCT TAPE TIPS:
- GETTING YOUR ROCK BEHIND THE TAPE MAKES FOR GOOD BACKING IN ORDER TO SCORE MORE POINTS.
Centre Ice Duct Tape
1) Set the duct tape dead-centre of the ice.
2) Take one set of the rocks( red/yellow/blue) to the other end of the ice.
3) Duct tape is the target at centre ice, it may be bumped or moved with a curling stone, do not put it back to the start position, unless it has been knocked out of play. The area of play is between the hog lines and the sidelines.
4) AFTER ALL ROCKS HAVE BEEN PLAYED, SCORING IS DONE IN THE USUAL MANNER WITH THE ROLL OF TAPE AS THE CENTER MARK. The number of rocks closer then your opponents closest is the score for that end.
5) All other curling rules are played, except there is. If a rock hits the side boards or crosses the backline, it is out of play.
6) Good Luck
DUCT TAPE TIPS
Getting your rock in front of the opposition’s hogline makes for a very good guard
Rules and Regulations
1) Players must be seated when throwing rocks
2) Rocks will be thrown to nearest rings
3) Opponent’s rocks may not be knocked out of the rings. If they are, then the offending player’s rock is removed from play and the non-offending rock is placed anywhere in play.
4) Rocks must be thrown from the corner where your rocks are.
5) Rocks must ouch the backline or a rock in play to remain in play.
6) All games are 4 ends. (An end is when all 16 rocks have been thrown)
7) A full extra end is played in the event of a tie.
8) Sweeping is not permitted. (unless a beverage is bought for the committee)
9) Regular scoring rules of curling apply.
10) Backsides must remain on the back boards when player is shooting.
11) Each player will shoot 2 consecutive rocks alternating with the opposition.
12) Please ask if you need some help, or have any questions.
Variation to Pygmy
Keep one foot in either hack and must let go before the backline. You can stretch out to either side to make shots, just keep a toe in the hack.