Buy a Rock Handle
Put your business name, family name or make it a memorial for an avid curler, engraved on a rock handle for $350.
Terms of Agreement
It is the policy of the Kelowna Curling Club that:
- Donations made to the Kelowna Curling Club are eligible to have names or inscription of Donor’s choice inscribed onto a curling rock handles provided curling rocks are available:
- This agreement being valid for 5 years for a donation of $350.00
- Names include, but not limited to individuals, groups, teams, events, or businesses.
- Inscriptions are not to include any profanity or derogatory comments.
- Inscriptions are not to exceed the number of characters that space will allow. To be determined according to the size of the handle surface.
- There is to be a donor agreement/contract for each rock handle signed by the donor and a Kelowna Curling Club representative, board and/or staff member(s) as approved from time to time by a motion of the Board of Directors, outlining the terms of the rock handle agreement and such agreement to be kept on file in the Kelowna Curling Club’s office for not less than the term of the agreement.
- Donations will not be considered completed until donors complete, sign, and submit to the Kelowna Curling Club office a Rock Handle Agreement form with payment.
- Donor will have the option, up to 6 months from the expiry date of this agreement to exercise the right of first refusal to, upon signing a new agreement, extend the life of the inscription on a curling rock handle at the required donation amount and terms that applies at the time of renewal.
- If a donor extends the life of the inscription a new donor agreement/contract is to be signed and both agreements are to be kept on file in the Kelowna Curling Club’s office for the term of the agreements.
- Donors will receive individual/personal acknowledgements and thank-you communications from the President of the Board of Directors within two weeks of a donation being received, or in the absence of the President by another member of the Board of Directors
- A marketing/communications program will be in place including, but not limited to, information pamphlet, poster, in-house TV screens, website and social media.